Monday, June 15, 2009

Paris - Again!!!!


In the weeks leading up to our return trip to Paris, people asked me "Didn't you go there last year". Of course I said "Yes, this is my third time in Paris". It's not the kind of city that you tire of quickly. The way of life is one where most people do stop and smell the roses. Perhaps, that is true of many European cities, or maybe being on vacation empowers me to take a new attitude. I just know that when I am in Paris, each day presents a new adventure.

So much of our attitude is perception. Too often we blame the world around us, and let the behaviour of others severely impact our ability to enjoy each day. For the next 2 weeks, I'm taking back that power. There are so many enjoyable things around us. It is just to easy to overlook them in the struggle to keep up and get ahead in life.

So today we leave for Paris again. Long flights, uncomfortable seats, crappy airline food. So it is true that we must endure through the pain to get to the other side. It is all worth it. Because when we arrive the city awaits us...

Some people save for their kids college. Some people save for their retirement years. I save for my vacations. Because the experience I get from them recharges me for the rest of the year, and because I can fully enjoy them now. In 20 years, I may not be as able to hop around the world. I say "Carpe Diem".

It is my hope to be say one day "This is my 30th time to Paris".

1 comment:

  1. well I am so glad you are enjoying my city, say bonjour to Paris for me, by the way, that picture up there, this is le pont du gard right, a roman aquaduc?
    take care
    Rom

    ReplyDelete